- One of its main components is hydrogen peroxide, a strong, antimicrobial chemical used to treat wounds and skin infections.
- Sugar can inhibit bacterial growth, thus reducing the chances of having these microscopic organisms cause acne growth.
- Manuka honey contains methylglyoxal, a strong antimicrobial chemical that can effectively kill off bacteria and other microorganisms.
Even if the condition is caused by hormonal changes, honey can quickly negate the inflammation and help in reducing scarring.
- Always use natural treatments. Chemically-derived products can cause harsh reactions at first, making you feel worse before getting better. Natural treatments, like manuka honey, will save you from experiencing this.
- Talk to your doctor or dermatologist. In severe acne, talking to your trusted healthcare professional help out a lot. He will recommend certain creams, lifestyle changes and even oral medicines that may help you out.
- Never pop your pimples. This increases the chances of scarring and darkening and will also prolong healing and increase the chances of an inflammatory response.
- Contrary to popular belief, stress does not cause acne, but it's rather the opposite.
- Diet has no connection whatsoever in causing acne, but it's always best to eat the right kind of food in order to promote healthy skin.